Wednesday, December 7, 2011

“If This Works, Why Doesn’t Everyone Do It?”

Alex E. has doubts about the effectiveness of the StrongLifts 5x5 program. Read the interesting argument he emailed me. Quote...

If the StrongLifts 5x5 program is so unbelievably effective, why doesn't EVERYONE at the gym use it?

Because the majority is always wrong. Most people struggle with money, have bad relationships and are out-of-shape fat slobs. Quite bluntly, their life sucks. Yet they copy eachother likes monkeys and give unsolicited advice at every single opportunity they get. Worse, they feel compelled to criticize us and call us freaks, even though we're actually getting results. They're nuts.

Look, when I joined the gym in 1999, I was completely clueless. Everybody was doing split routines. So I did split routines. And, guess what? After 17 weeks of relentless benching and curling, I had almost no results to show for, hit a brick wall and my motivation was shattered. I swear I’ve sat on the bench, right after struggling to get my normal reps, one emotional hair-trigger away from tossing the barbell into the mirror and never stepping into a gym again.

Now, I'm no a genius, but I quickly figured out there was something wrong with the way I trained. So I sought for help, met my mentor, started doing Squats and that's how I surpassed all the other guys in the gym in record time.

Today, it's obvious to me and all my StrongLifts Members that Squats are quite simply imperative to put on rock-hard muscle and real-world strength as fast as humanly possible. Nevertheless, most gym guys don't do Squats and the few who Squat do frigging partials because "Squatting deep is bad for your knees"...

Consequently, these same guys never achieve the physique and strength they want, spin their wheels for weeks, get burned with bogus supplement because they thought that was the missing ingredient and eventually quit.

Yet everybody keeps copying everyone, expecting different results, but making the exact same mistakes like fish biting into a hook. Einstein called that insanity, expecting different results from doing the same thing over and over. Nuts.

The truth is that most guys have no idea what they're doing, why they're doing it and don't ever realize it isn't even working. Heck, they won't take the time to read an actual book on how to train, but read muscle magazines supplement catalogs in disguise, while calling you a bookworm for educating yourself.

Earl Nightingale said that whenever you have no idea how to achieve your goal, a foolproof technique is to look at how the overwhelming majority tackles the problem and do the exact opposite. Fact is, most people are dead wrong.

I do my best to follow that advice, so should you. Dare to be different.

Please click on the "like" button below to share this post with your facebook friends.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment